Della Porta EyeCare LLC ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
We have reviewed the recommendations by the CDC, the American Optometric Associations, the Connecticut Association of Optometrists, and the Office of the Governor in order to determine the best practices to reopen. These recommendations are constantly changing and we will be reviewing these regularly. We will be reaching out to patients to reschedule missed appointments. Please be patient with us as we work through our cancellation lists.
Appointment slots will be reduced to facilitate physical distancing and to allow us to meet the increased disinfection demands. We will continue to see emergency patients.
We will continue telemedicine visits, if they are appropriate, please call us (860) 582-0702 and we will schedule an appointment.
At this time, only the patient will be allowed into the office. There will be two exceptions to this rule: a minor child can come in with 1 parent or an adult patient who requires a caregiver can come in with 1 person. (Please be aware than the parent or caregiver will need to be screened for COVID. We will ask for their name and contact information to keep for contact tracing purposes.)
Changes to your visit:
You will be required to answer our COVID screening questions before entering.
Staff will have to answer COVID screening questions.
Dr. Maria Della Porta, Liz, Patty, Elizabeth, and Marissa
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the building.
- All patients will be screened with a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice
- No paperwork – appointments now require pre-registration on our website
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Visit our website and complete our forms online or print them from the portal and fill them out at home to save time at the office.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Coming out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses (curbside pickup)
- “Curbside” check in
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart. Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc… and will be disinfecting these as often as possible
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day